The Science and Business organization of Amsterdam Science Park is the central and joint organization of all partners of Amsterdam Science Park. The three founding partners are the city of Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam and NWO. Besides that many entrepreneurs, UvA Faculty of Science, AUC, and all the NWO institutes present contribute to the Amsterdam Science Park organization and community. Amsterdam Science Park is managed by its director, Leo le Duc, and the board of directors: 7 representatives of ASP’s organizations.
The Science & Business Board of Directors
- Jos Baeten (Chairman) is General Director at CWI and Professor 'Theory of Computing' at the University of Amsterdam.
- Sjoerd Arlman is Head of Department of Economic Strategy & Development Department at the City of Amsterdam.
- Erik Boels (Treasurer) is Director of Finance, Planning & Control UvA / HvA and board member of
- Gérard van Onna is Director Financial Institutions and Infrastructure at NWO
- Reindert Hommes (Secretary) is founder and Director of Tallgrass Cooperation U.A.
- Peter Krijnsen is CEO at UvA|HvA|AMC Ventures Holding and supervisory board member at Amsterdam University Press- Photanol BV- StudiJob Uitzendbureau -UvA minds You.
- Peter van Tienderen is Dean of the Faculty of Science and Professor in Experimental Plant Systematics Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics.
The main goal of the S&B organization is to connect entrepreneurship, education and research and to connect Amsterdam Science Park with its external partners.
The main focus points of the Science & Business organization are:
- Acquisition & Retention (Astrid Tuinder)
- Valorization & Entrepreneurship (Mirjam Leloux)
- Corporate Communication (Sanne van Hees)
- Functions & Facilities (Arjen van Rijn)
- Internal & External relations (Margo Keizer)
Please contact us if you have any questions or ideas about cooperating with Amsterdam Science Park, if you are interested in locating at the park or if you want to visit us to learn more about the possibilities and organizations present. Contact with the above mentioned heads and director can be arranged by the general staff.
More information about our organization:
Science & Business organization
Science Park 402
1098 XH Amsterdam
T: +31 20 820 80 60